Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back, with a Space Pirate!

After a 2 week sabbatical (which really only lasted one week, at which point I got crazy and started being productive again...), I finally drew something :D

She is a space pirate. That's right. This morning my mom, sisters and I went to a used bookstore where I found "The Art of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" for only 8.50! What a steal. After buying it (and spending hours drooling over Iain McCaig's delicious designs) I got really inspired to try a character design of my own.

Here's the final design sketch:



I started out with a basic body and posed it, then I added the clothes, which are heavily inspired by McCaig's egregious use of sweet hoods, awesome hairpieces, and general billowy-ness of fabrics...
Sigh. Someday...
I'm thinking about trying some digital coloring on this one. You may or may not see that, depending on whether or not it works :D
Learning time!!!!

Oh yeah, and this morning I had a dream in which I was wearing a very similar costume to this one...probably a manifestation of my desire to wear a sweet pirate outfit around! jeans suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment