Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Final Cavern Layout!!!

At long last, it's here! The Cavern layout is finished! YAY!
Anyways, I finished this a little earlier than I had to because I need to get cracking on the digital painting. I want to have a semi-painted layout to show Will on Friday.

Why the giant squid/octopus tentacles? Glad you asked...somehow or another Will started making fun of me for not liking squid, and then drew a giant squid tentacle in the middle of my rough composition on his tracing paper when he was critiquing it. I decided that it would be funny to keep the tentacle in, but place it surreptitiously in the foreground.
That I did, and then after showing it to Will again, I decided to go big or go home! Tentacles galore! (That staircase just WASN'T working, you know? So why not replace it with another tentacle?)

The end story, which I made up to justify the excess of tentacles, is that this underground (underwater?) city is plagued by killer squids...so they hang lanterns filled with squid repellant outside their doors and windows...lol!

Here's the blue-pencil version:























And here it is desaturated:























Click on it for a LARGE view!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment