Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Paintbrush in hand is better than two in the bush...

I've been itching to pick up a paintbrush again for a while now, and have just had trouble getting over that initial investment of energy to set up the supplies, get started on a project, etc. Amazingly, I got a free easel from a woman at church, which got me more than halfway to the starting line. 
It finally happened last week as I was hanging out with my soon-to-be roomate Frances. We spent the whole day together and while we were digesting dinner and reading on the couch, the mood hit!

I set up my easel, resuscitated all my emaciated paint tubes and derelict brushes, and went at it with gusto. I didn't really care what it ended up looking like...not having put a brush to canvas in almost a year, I just wanted to feel the bristles pushing the paint around again!

This is what I ended up with about an hour and a half later.
Of course it's not finished, but what art ever is?
Here's Frances, reading away as the candles are burning:




4 comments: