Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snow White

"Skin as white as snow? Not really. Sure, she was pale. I'd go so far as to say pasty.
But the real reason they called her Snow White...was because of all the dandruff!"

There's actually a bit of a story to this character. Let's just say I've been tossing around an idea for a revisionist history of the tale of Snow White. As told by her younger sister, Sage Brush. Heehee.

Then, thanks to my dear friend Haley, I stumbled upon the amazing art of Claire Hummel, who makes me want to drool and cry at the same time (it can get pretty sticky in my room sometimes...).
Hummel has this amazing series of historically accurate Disney Princess portraits, and her style seemed like just the right fit to explore my character in. I tried to stick as closely to her style as I could, to learn from her, but of course it's not perfect.



The white sparkles aren't ACTUALLY dandruff...I noticed Hummel does this neat touch of sparkles or pearls or something...so I put a few in. Although maybe it is dandruff...

Remember the original concept sketch?



No comments:

Post a Comment